Friday, June 7, 2013

A Gentleman never tells

The morning following the return to Magnimar from "the Crow", the group sits down for the morning meal to plan their next step.  Alejandro comes in to the common area of the "Old Fang" from outside with an extra hop in his step.

With a sheepish grin on his face, Alejandro says, "Well, well, well... I hope you all slept well last night.  I have made contact with a new potential ally here in the city.  You all recall the good Dr. and Lady Landis that we met following our heroic deeds at the garden party.  As it turns out, their very lovely daughter is something of an expert of antiquities here in the city.  I had the good fortune of bumping into her this morning.  I mentioned our exploits and specifically the fresco that we found w/in the Crow.  As I described what I had in mind for her, I might have gotten her juices flowing.  She seemed quite excited about the proposal I had for her.  I told her that I would be taking her out so she could handle the fresco directly once we finished clearing out "the Crow".  I'll definitely be feeling her up for more info in the coming days.  IN ADDITION, I found out that a known Pathfinder, Dr. Archisa Aparna, is in town.  For those that might not know, the museum funds the region-wide expeditions of renowned explorer, treasure hunter, and Pathfinder Doctor Archisa Aparna, who frequently lectures on ancient Varisian monuments on the occasions she is in the city.  They say that her lectures are quite the performance.  I'll definitely want to check her out.  Someone with her prestige could greatly erect our status in this region."

"In the meantime, I think we need to follow up on a few other contacts here in the city.  First of all, I suggest we seek out Sabriyya in the Bazaar of Sails to return the pendant that I believe once belonged to her father.  I think she would be a very attractive ally, especially in the Dockway.  Secondly, I would like to see more of Lt Kasadei.  I have a feeling that she might have large assets to share with us in exchange for clearing out more trash from the city.  I think it would be worth our time to try to get in her pockets."

"All of this hard work has made me thirsty.  I'm going over to the bar to see if the wench can service my needs." Alejandro gives a coy wink and a tip of the cap as he turns for the bar.  He begins to address the buxom barmaid. "Hola, hermosa..."

4 comments:

  1. Garath grunts as he rises, slinging a heavy bag over one shoulder. "Krangk, you said you might have a buyer for this stuff? Maybe if the foxy lady will come along, she can talk the buyer into a sweet deal."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Krangk, would that contact happen to be in the Bazaar? I think Alejandro has some business there as well. Perhaps we can all go there now."

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, got a note from Ol' Doctor Landis at the museum. Seems he has a bounty out on old Thasselinian monsters known as "Sinspawn". They are corrupted products of magic used by spellcasters in a past era as shock troops for their armies. Literally the embodiment of a sin made flesh, they are sentient abominations of distilled ectoplasm imprinted with the soul-image of slain creatures that possessed an abundance of a particular sin. Don't know much about the particular ones, but Doc might be able to tell us about them before we see one in the Crow. We should stop there after the market, then head back across the water to the Crow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sin made flesh... distilled ectoplasm... I'm concerned that my blade might not be completely successful w/ such creatures. What do you think Garath? Any idea what these things might be??? We have learned the lesson of not being prepared for our adversaries appropriately. I don't want to repeat that mistake again."

    ReplyDelete