Sunday, June 23, 2013

Return for a briefing...

Recalling that Sheila had requested frequent updates on your progress in the Crow, your group retreats from the lair of the foul-smelling demon who nearly killed Uli. "I wonder who bullied that thing?" Alejandro thinks to himself. Each of you takes note of the creature and other strange things you have seen, and hope that Sheila may shed some light on the denizens of this ancient ruin.
You all are sunk in thought as you fall back through the ancient laboratory and up through the dungeon to head to the Pathfinder Lodge.
You backtrack your way past the entrance to this deepest level that you have explored, and recall what some of you knew regarding how demons are spawned. You glance at the corpse of the maggot-like creature that attacked you as you arrived on this level, and you wonder if devils and demons are working together? Or is Garath mistaken?
You pass through the cavern in which "Clickylegs", the giant cave fisher, attempted to devour Lao Che, and Garath is still scratching his head. "That HAD to be a lemure..." Garath mutters to himself. "But it seemed rather intelligent. I must be mistaken. Or misremembering..." He shakes his head again.
As you rise up another level, you creep through the wreckage of the sleeping quarters of the mites, then past the tunnel into the throne room of their "king," Zugga. You recall the diminutive fey can’t help smile at the memory of the aggressive and delusional little fey. Of the other little blue fey creatures there is no sign, nor do you see any more of their mounts, the poisonous water spiders.
Krangk rubs a couple of scars ruefully as you pass the rooms where you fought them, recalling the burn of the spider’s venom that seemed to dissolve his strength.

2 comments:

  1. As the party gets on the boat, Ekko stops mid step, and addresses the party, and unusual action in itself for him.

    "Look, for the most part I believe that your actions are your own and you will have to either pay the consequences or reap the benefits for what you have done, in this life or the next. And it is not in my nature to criticize or proselytize, but I do want to pass on some wisdom handed down to me by my Master."

    He waits until he gets the groups attention and continues. "Everyone hates bugs, but why kill them? Because like, just because you hate something is no reason to kill it. Like if everyone killed all that they hated, where would they be? Sooner or later, no matter how good you are, somebody will hate you and will think of you as a bug. And then the next thing you know, you are gone..."

    Ekko pauses a moment in silence, finishes getting into the boat that will transport the group to shore, waits for the rest of the party to climb about and, turning to the ship's pilot, simply says, "Take off".

    ReplyDelete
  2. After an initial greeting w/ Lan and Olar, Alejandro hops into the small vessel. He takes a deep breath of the salt air swirling at the base of the "Crow". Turning to Ekko, he responds.

    "My friend Ekko. I had no such master. My way has been paved by me alone. And in doing, I have come to value 3 things. 1) The sound of a woman's voice in my ear; 2) the taste of good ale on my tongue; and 3) the feel of my blade in hand. Of those three things, I find pleasure. So when faced with decisions, I must ask... does the deed get me closer to any of those things I love. So if killing bugs can get me coin in hand for ale or women... then the deed is good."

    At that, he reaches down to splash water upon his face to wash off some of the demonic ichor from his face and hands... "Now, I will admit that we might have been a bit hasty w/ the devil. I've never faced one before, and I've always heard they can mess w/ your minds. So whether we could have milked it for info, I will give you that. But you will admit that in the end, even your learned master wouldn't have agreed to let that thing stay to our backs as we pressed forward. Given that we agree that it would have been killed anyway, your real issue is that we could have used it for more information first. If that is the source of your heartburn, I will grant you that. Perhaps I will have to sharpen my restraint in battle a bit more." For just a split second and for the first time since the group first met at the manor, Alejandro shows the slightest lack of confidence.

    As quickly as the doubt showed, it is gone again. "Mi Amigos... we have much to celebrate. We fought bravely... bested many foes. The taverns shall swirl with the stories of the mighty A-Team. Let us report back to Shiela all of our successes, return the severed heads of those sin-abominations, learn more about our likely demonic foes, drink ale, woe the ladies (with a wink towards Kagome), and rejoice in the thrill of battle!" Alejandro stands at the bow of the ship, raises his Aldori Dueling Sword above his head and shouts... "Vive el A-Team!"

    ReplyDelete